Sunday, January 22, 2017

Digestive Candies


I have been looking for ways to support my family's digestive system lately.  While discussing it with a friend, she reminded me about some herbs and spices that would do the trick.  The problem I have with this is how do I get my family to eat them.  I spoke to her again and this time she suggested candies.  I"m not excited by this idea but eventually I realized I could make my own.

I'm not sure what my family will like, so I have decided to make 3 different types of candies. One is a gum, one a chew and the last a hard candy.  I will share one recipe today and the other two in future posts.

After looking over all the herbs and spices, I have decided to start with mint. To soften the flavor for my preschooler, I am going to add lime to it.  Here is the gum recipe I used:



Ingredients:

6 oz beeswax
mint essential oil
lime essential oil


Directions:

Place beeswax in a small glass bowl.  Place the bowl into a pot of water to create a double boiler. Over medium heat mix the wax as it melts into a liquid.  Once melted let cool a minute then add essential oils. Mix well before pouring wax into candy molds.  Place in the refrigerator to harden.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog